We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to our clients. If you are not happy with the services we have provided, including our bills or any aspect of the way in which your instructions are being handled, please speak to the Partner dealing with your matter in the first instance. If you still feel that we have not achieved an acceptable level of service we would like you to tell us.
Our Complaints Handling Procedure
- Lodge a complaint by emailing the details to our Complaints Officer Rebecca Bozier at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days of us receiving the complaint.
- We will investigate your complaint. There will be no costs involved for investigating your complaint.
- We will provide a proposed solution within 10 business days of receiving your complaint. If we expect that it will take longer than 10 days to offer a solution, we will advise you of the expected timescale, within 10 business days of receiving your complaint. We may suggest a meeting if we believe it will be helpful in resolving your complaint.
- In the unlikely event that you should remain unsatisfied, The Legal Ombudsman for England and Wales is available to members of the public, very small businesses, charities, clubs and trusts. The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within six years from the date of the act/omission about which you are concerned, or three years from when you should have known about the complaint. The Legal Ombudsman will usually only consider a complaint if our internal complaints procedure detailed above has been exhausted within the last six months. The Legal Ombudsman’s contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 0300 555 0333 (international: +44 121 245 3050)
PO Box 6806
When You Can Complain To The Legal Ombudsman
The Legal Ombudsman handles complaints regarding the service of your solicitor.
To lodge a complaint with the Legal Ombudsman:
- Download the Complaint Form from the SRA website: http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/?portfolio=complaint-form-legal
- Complete the Complaint Form
- Send the completed Complaint Form to the SRA by email: email@example.com or by post to: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
When You Can Complain To The Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Solicitors Regulation Authority handles complaints where regulated firms have breached the SRA Principles.
To report a solicitor or law firm to the SRA:
- Complete the Report Form on the SRA website: http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page
- Set out your concerns clearly
- Identify any individuals you consider responsible
- Attach any evidence you consider important
- Send the report to the SRA Reports team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN, DX 720293 BIRMINGHAM 47